|Location||Survival Systems International (UK) Ltd., Viking Road, Industrial Estate,, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2021|
We are looking for an experienced Training Manager with a proven record of success to join our team
The Training Manager is responsible for delivering a robust training programme to all SSI technicians. Knowledge of SOLAS requirements is preferable along with a recognised training qualification.
- To ensure SSI’s training programme is aligned with the statutory requirements of current IMO regulations and associated ISO standards which relate to the SOLAS annual and 5-year inspections of survival craft, launching appliances and release gear.
- Develop and maintain training material and management systems in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- To establish, develop and maintain a training and assessment team in accordance with the requirements of ISO standards and SSI’s internal procedures which relate to the SOLAS annual and 5-year inspections of survival craft, launching appliances and release gear.
- To work closely with the compliance manager to provide the required information regarding external authorisation audits conducted by flag administrations and classification societies.
- To identify skills within the current technician team and arrange for the skilled individuals to train his colleagues on the subject, in the most appropriate manner.
- To identify and organise training courses for all staff, both external/internal, as and when required.
- To develop training courses on specific products and deliver to the technicians at SSI UK office and throughout Survival Systems International group.
- To develop safety training courses and deliver to customers within UK and worldwide.
- Work closely with the Service Team to manage and update current ASP and Non-ASP matrices.
- Work closely with QA Manager/HSE Manager to ensure training meets the requirements of current ISO Standards.
- To prepare a training programme annually identifying training requirements for all staff.
- To maintain, update and deliver current induction programme to new starters within the first 6 weeks of commencing employment.
- To manage and monitor the ‘buddy system’ ensuring knowledge is passed effectively from experienced Technicians to their less experienced colleagues.